Saturday, June 21, 2014

Healthy Fish Tacos!!

I absolutely love making new recipes & mixing things up. So often I find Chris & I eating chicken 5-6 nights a week just plain with a side of veggies (which gets super bland & boring)! Healthy does NOT have to be boring & my goal is to get away from boring :) 

Today for lunch I wanted to test out a new idea to. I found a fish taco recipe on Pinterest, but it was too complicated for my liking (the more simple it is, the better!)....so I changed it up quite a bit!

I have to say that I was VERY satisfied with how they turned out :)

So here is what you need:

-Tilapia filet
-Rainbow salad (Or Cabbage mix, sort of like a coleslaw mix)
- Wheat wrap
-Greek yogurt
-Mrs. Dash SouthWestern salt free spice 
-Avacado
-Shredded Cheese


1. Rub the Mrs. Dash South Western spice evenly on BOTH sides of the Tilapia. 

2. Grill (or I cooked in a pan on the stove) the fish on both sides, until it is opaque and flakes easily!

3. To warm up the tortilla/wrap, I threw it in a pan for about 30 seconds on each side. After it is warm, put it on a plate and spread about 1-2tbsp of the greek yogurt onto the wrap. I then sprinkled a pinch of the South Western seasoning onto the greek yogurt. 

4. Cut fish to desired size pieces. Spread the fish on the tortilla. Top with cabbage, pieces of avacado & a little cheese.

5. Fold/wrap it up & enjoy!











No comments:

Post a Comment