Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Clean crockpot Chicken Zucchini Parm

I've been craving Chicken Parm...pastaaaaa sauceeee, carbbssss, cheeeseeee...yummmm! But instead of going all out with breaded chicken, a giant plate of pasta and a 1/2 lb. of cheese; I decided to make a healthy & clean version of my craving & really liked it!

Ingredients:

-Two chicken breasts (cut into 1 inch cubes)
-Small/medium zucchini (diced)
-Small onion (diced)
-1 small green pepper (diced)
-1 1/2 cups of Organic pasta sauce (I love Wegmans Organic Roasted Garlic Sauce)
-Pasta (I chose Trader Joe's Brown Rice Organic pasta)
-pinch of Himalayan salt
- tsp Garlic Powder
-tsp Mrs. Dash all purpose no sodium seasoning



EASIEST INSTRUCTIONS EVER!......

Throw everything but the pasta into the crockpot. I cooked mine on low for 8 hours since I was at work, but 4 hours on High would work too...just watch it if you are going to cook it on high & make sure it doesn't burn! Once it is done, cook your pasta according to the directions on the package. Place pasta on a dish& scoop out chicken mixture from crock pot. I topped mine off with a little extra sauce & a shake of Parmesan cheese!




This is 21 day fix approved!!! I had used one yellow container of the pasta, one red container of the chicken/veggie mixture & a blue container of Parmesan cheese! 



Enjoy & let me know what you think!



No comments:

Post a Comment